WE HELP CHILDREN AT-RISK. CALL US TODAY!
(334) 549-9674 or (334) 281-3721
Programs for behavioral, academic empowerment programs for children who have one or both parents in prison. Need a SKIP program in your community? Charter a SKIP chapter today!
OVER 30 YEARS OF ADVOCACY
for children of prisoners and their families
More than 2.7 million children in the U.S. have an incarcerated parent and approximately 10 million children have experienced parental incarceration at some point in their lives.”(see Rutgers 2014 Fact Sheet). Since 1979, SKIP, Inc. has provided programs and services for children of prisoners and their caregivers. Our experience and research indicate that many children in America are at the risk of academic failure and poor physical or mental health. The highest achieving students are those who are supported by their family, school, and the community. Join us in our shared youth vision initiatives to help children across America to become self-reliant, strong and healthy adults.
Do you know a young person who needs help to improve
- Academic Performance
- Behavior and Social Skills
- Character and Self Image
- Development of Skills Requires for Career and Employment
The term “at-risk” often refers to children in a low economic group or victims of poverty. Today, nearly Each and Every Child in America is at-risk.
- Achieving below grade level academic scores
- Being labeled as socially unacceptable or having inappropriate behavior
- Lacking common sense or understanding values such as honesty, gratitude, or self-respect!
- Becoming unemployable or non-productive adults
Call (334) 549-9674 or (334) 281-3721 or send an email to email@example.com